Sunday, December 19, 2010

Music Review: Limp Bizkit


Limp Bizkit is a Rap Metal/Nu Metal/Alternative Rock band from Jacksonville, Florida. They have been in several controversies, but let us just set that aside and focus on the music in general. Limp Bizkit released a total of four studio albums, and were going to plow through all of them.

Three Dollar Bill, Yall$(1997)

Three dollar bill is the band's debut album. Compared too their other work, it is very heavy, with its intense screaming and stuff. The screaming sometimes makes the songs hard to understand, but the sounds coming from the instruments redeems the song(s).

1) Intro: "You gotta kill the pollution of satan, brother". This is the intro too the album, which leads to the song pollution. ?/10

2) Pollution: The songs lyrics are kind of hard to understand with its intense screaming and such. Near the end of the song, it breaks down with screaming of "bring that beat back" or something around those lines. It's a great way to end a song, and too start off the album. This, in my opinion, is the best song on the album, and one of the best songs from Limp Bizkit. Its also my most overplayed. 9.5/10

3) Counterfeit: This is an ok song, not my favorite. 8.3/10


4) Stuck: The lyrics are still kind of hard to understand. The line i remember is "All i wanted was a pepsi". Then i heard "**** in **** in **** in so deep." 6.8/10


5) Nobody Loves Me: "NOBODY LOVES ME! M
aybe I'm growing worms". The heck? The song ends with "do do do do do do..." over and over again, kind of making you sleepy. 7.4/10

6) Sour: This song mentions a three dollar bill, so the title of the album is heard here. 5.9/10

7) Stalemate: I underplayed this son
g a bit, but I like it. 6.3/10

8) Clunk: "CLUNK! CLUNK! Clu-Clu-CLUNK!". This is an od
d one. One part of the song is rapping, and the other is some weird speach about kids. 5.8/10

9) Faith: This is a cover of a song that I don't know of. The song is split up in 2 parts I think, one is the cover, and the other is some rapping. It's pretty cool. 7.8/10


10) Stink Finger: The line I remember the most from this song is "YOU GOT YOUR HEAD
UP YOUR ASS!" then "Stinky fingah" in some awkward voice that made me laugh for some reason. 6/10

11) Ind
ingo Flow: "GOD I LOVE YOU!!". This song is kind of cool. 7.5/10

12) L
eech[Demo Version]: This song is some rapping, that I seem to forget easily. 5.8/10

13) Everything: This song is extremly hard to listen to entirly, since it is 15 minutes and it is just some freestyle stuff. Very meh and disapointing. 3/10


Overall: 6.7

Significant Other(1999)

This album is much different then Three Dollar Bill. The screaming is toned down too little to none. It has some of the most memorable songs from Limp Bizkit, so in my opinion, it is their best album.

1) Intro: Some weird intro. This is hard to describe. ?/10

2) Just Like This: I have no idea what this song is about. It's still a good song to start off the album. 8/10

3) Nookie: What the hell is a nookie? Well, it means sex, or something around those lines. This is the first Limp Bizkit song I heard, and I really liked it. The ending is where Fred breaks stuff, which leads to the next song which is um...break stuff. 9.5/10


4) Break Stuff: "It's all about that he-said she-said bullshit...I think you better quit talking that shit, or you will be leaving with a fat lip". This is the song too listen too on a Monday where you gotta go too school. 9/10

5) Re-Arranged: This is one of the more softer songs. I usually skip over this one. 6.9/10

6) I'm Broke: From what I think, this song is about someone who lose
s their job and is broke, and people think they are a bum. There is a interlude that seems to be a phone message, and the guys sounds like he is trying to rapping. 8.7/10

7) Nobody Like You: This song is kind of boring, in my opinion. 6.9/10

8) Don't Go Off Wandering: This one is still a little boring. 7.2/10

9) 9 Teen 90 Nine: I have no idea what this song is about. I know 9 teen 90 nine means 1999 which is the year the album was made, but...I don't know. 7.1/10

10) N 2 Gether Now: This one is more rap based. I like it. 8.4/10

11) Trust: This one is pretty cool. I like this one too. 8.2

12) No Sex: This song is extremly smart and clever. "I should of left
my pants on this time". 8.5/10

13) Show Me What You Got: Eminem is mentioned somewhere in this song. Other then that, It's just some rapping. 6.5/10

14) A Lesson Learned: This is one of the more softer songs. I don't like it. 6/10

15) Outro: The outro is pretty similar to the intro. At the end, there is this speech of how the band shows great hatred toward stuff that gets put on the radio. I couldn't agree more. ?/10

Overall: 7.7


Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water

This is the king of worst album title's. Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water. Plus the cover...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Well, Choclate Starfish means "Asshole", as the singer, Fred Durst, is often called an asshole. Hot Dog flavored water? There were water beverages that had odd flavors. So yeah, thats the reason for the odd name. As for the cover, it shows a bunch of aliens in hot dogs. I have no comment.

1) Intro: In some robotic alien voice, it says "Who's in the house? Limp Bizkit is in the house". ?/10

2) Hot Dog: Wow. Fred says the F word over 45 times. I'm impressed. But the song is kind of lame. 7/10

3) My Generation: This is a cool and very catchy song. 8/10

4) Full Nelson: The song actually kind of reminds me of their debut, with its screaming. "LET'S BURN THIS MOTHERF****ER DOWN!" 7.4/10

5) My Way: There is something about this song that sounds strickingly familiar, like I heard it before, or is it just me? Either way, it's a cool song. 8.2/10

6) Rollin'(Air Raid Vehicle): Probably the most popular song off the album. 8.8/10

7) Livin' It Up: This song has several referances too their previous work, as it mentions a three dollar bill(first album) and he-said she-said bullshit(break stuff) 6.
8/10

8) The One: Boring. Really. 4.8/10

9) Getcha Groove On: This song is more centered on rap. 7/10

10) Take A Look Around: I usually skip over this one. 5.6/10

11) It'll Be OK: This is a pretty mediocore song. 5/10

12) Boiler: This has some screaming in it, but other then that, nothing too special. 6/10

13) Hold On: This is also pretty mediocore. 4/10

14) Rollin'(Urban Assault Vehicle): FINALLY! SOMETHING AWESOME. You can say this is the 2nd part too Air Raid Vehicle, and htis is more rap focused, where you can't notice any guitars. 8.6/10

15) Outro: This is the last track on the album, and is the longest, at 9 minutes. You hear people laughing and joking about stuff. ?/10

Overall: 6.7


Results May Vary

I heard alot of shit about this album. Now, let us take a look at the cover. It shows Fred screaming with a green background. What a stupid cover. It looks like it was rushed in Photoshop in five minutes. But I finally found out the meaning of it. This will be your reaction when you listen too this album. The green is that if your ears could throw up, they would. This album, is a messed up rotten piece of shit. If someone collected dog poo, and then dropped it in a toilet and recorded the plops, that would be better then the sound of this filthy piece of disgrace. Well, justice needs to be done, I must review this album. It won't be easy.

1) Re-Entry: This is the intro too the album, where this kid asks "what is it" and the person says it is "Limp Bizkit" ?/10

2) Eat You Alive: This is a kind of cool song, the lyrics could be better though. 6.3/10

3) Gimme The Mic: Not too bad of a song overall. 5.8/10

4) Underneath The Gun: This is a mediocore song, I don't like it. 4.3/10

5) Down Another Day: Meh. 3/10

6) Almost Over: The song actually gets better as it goes on. 6/10

7) Build A Bridge: If you actually pay close attention to this song, its actually kind of moving. 5.7/10

8) Red Light Green Light: This is painful. Really. 2.5/10

9) The Only One: This is even worse then Red Light Green Light! AHHH MAKE IT STOP!! 1.5/10

10) Let Me Down: No comment. 1.4/10

11) Lonely World: Someone PLEASE STOP DA MUSIC!! 2/10

12) Phenomenon: I can't understand this shit. First Fred is talking about feeling horny and now talking about the end of the world?! WHAT THE H? 2/10

13) Creamer(Radio Is Dead): .... 2.5/10

14) Head of The Barricade: This is prime example of why the band needs Wes. 3/10

15) Behind Blue Eyes: Hmmm...this is an odd one, but I...kind of like it. 4.5/10

16) Drown: YES! THE LAST TRACK. I'M SO HAPPY! Anyways, its another crap song. 2/10

Overall: 3.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment