Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Stories: Gamecube


It's just four more days until the big day, where we can finally open our gifts and celebrate. If you look around, you can see people getting into the holiday spirit. They are airing Christmas specials on TV, There are people saying "Happy Holidays" on the street too strangers. I'm wearing a Santa hat at the moment. Today, I am going to take you back too one of my most memorable Christmas mornings, it was when I was a little kid, I was around 8 or 9 at the time.

During this time, I had a Sega Genesis too keep me entertained. I would sit on my ass and play Sonic The Hedgehog for hours, or watch people play it. However, since it is a very old console, it broke down, and no other store obviously dosn't offer Genesis. So all I had left was my old Gameboy Color and the Gameboy Advance, the old model.

I remember I would write these letters to "Santa" and then ask my mom to mail them. I asked for a puppy, but I knew my parents don't ever want a puppy, because they don't like pets, and...they still do. I asked for a Dreamcast(Yeah, I'm old school) because it was made by SEGA, and I heard about Sonic Adventure and stuff. I didn't get a Dreamcast until 7 months ago from today, where I bought one off of Brandon for 10 frickin' bucks. Totally worth it.

I woke up too the sound of this orchestra music coming from the TV. I ran too the the LivingRoom, where I found a black box. This box, was the first time, I layed eyes on my Nintendo Gamecube. With it, was a collector's edition of The Legend Of Zelda.
I then eventually found out it was made by Nintendo, which also made the Gameboy Color and Advance, and I was like "OMG YAYYYYY!!!". I brought it into my bedroom and just played all day. The collecor's edition came with a 20-minute Demo of Wind Waker, which kind of pissed me off that it was a demo, but it still kept me entertained. It also came with the origonal Legend of Zelda, The adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, which drove me insane of how hard it was, and still does.


When it was my bed-time, I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning, to find my Gamecube GONE! I then went too the Livingroom, too find out, that my parents were up all night, trying to beat Ocarina Of Time. I didn't beat Ocarina of Time until a year ago from today from getting sidetracked, but that's not the point.



Too this day, I still have that Gamecube, sitting in my room. I still play with it occasionally, bringing back memories, and making me feel like a kid again. That's what Christmas does. Memories, that will last forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment