Friday, November 19, 2010

Medicine Balls


So...for the past couple of days I have been experiencing some problems, this time, with my hand, specificly my fingers. It happened on Tuesday.

So in weight training(yes, another school related post that always has to mention weight training), we had to go outside and play CATCH with medicine balls after lifting weights. For those who don't know what a medicine ball is, let me explain it like this. Imagine something that looks and feels like a basketball. Ok? Now imagine that ball is like 10 pounds. This isn't some happy little game of catch, we had to get in groups of 3, line up, then catch the ball and toss it too the next person. Your suppose to throw it and catch it when it comes forward your stomach or chess. One of my peers was feeling tired that day, so what he did was TOSSED it up in the air, and I tried catching it of course, but instead of what happened is that it smashed my fingers and bent them back!

This is a 15 pound frickin ball were talking about here. So this results in a injury. No shit, right? The pain coming from my hand was terrible. Coach asked me if I needed an ice pack, and I said "it's alright, it should heal up soon." I've been through much worse, so I was thinking it would be better by later today or tomorow, just a slight injury right? No. After weight training was lunch, and I tried clenching my fist too see if it was alright, and I couldn't, it hurt, really, really, bad. I couldn't even write in my last 2 classes. When I got home I took a close look at my hand, my right hand too be exact(I'm right handed. Beutiful). My index, middle, and ring finger was turning blueish greyish.

By Tuesday, I was just totally screwed. My middle and index were still blue, and then I got weight training for 2 hours. Because of my injury, I had to only lift weights with my left hand, the NOT-Injured one, and my bad one. So I kind of felt like a wimp, not being able to use both. Guess what? After that, WE HAD TO PLAY BASKETBALL. AND I MEAN, FORCED. ALL OF US. INCLUDING ME. So what happens? ...my hand got worse that day.

Today is Friday, and it still hurts, so typing this up just too tell everyone who is reading this right now was NOT easy. I did not proof read this, so excuse me for errors. Sorry for the crappy title card and pictures, I still don't have Powerpoint, 2007 messed up for good I think. I got several plans for posts right now, which I have been delaying due too this dumbass hand. Toast signing out, gotta put on a ice pack, it isn't getting better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment