Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Youtube Community


Ok so, Youtube plays a big part in social history. Nowadays, you hear people say, "You can watch the video, but don't EVER look at the comments". There's good reasons why. Remember when on Youtube you could rate videos with stars? Yeah well...you can't do that anymore. Too replace the stars, they put in this stupid little like&dislike bar. Personally, I think this was the biggest mistake Youtube ever made.

The youtube comments are just...well...I'll let you decide.


"14 people missed the like button"

"52 people thought the dislike button was Dis I Like"

"Brb gonna hunt down 200 F@ggots"

"The Dislike button is is big as Justin Bieber's ****"

See why it
is such a problem? People post the most ridiculous comments that has nothing with the video itself. I go too music video's, like Breaking Benjamin's Diary Of Jane video, and there is just comments where there is people saying stuff like " have no life or don't know what true music is". So what? Everyone has their own taste in music, and people can't change that. So what if people prefer Justin Bieber instead of metal? Get over it. The dislike bar and like bar also gives youtubers the chance too make creative comments too get thumbs ups, like "hunting down with ".

Speaking of Justin Bieber, it seems like every single f****ing video I go too, he is mentioned. It also just so happens that his "Baby" music video is the most viewed video on Youtube, reaching 360 Million views. That's INSANE. Because of how people prefer him instead of metal, people have been making extremly lame comments like this:

"You say Taylor Swift, I say Breaking Benjamin
You say Lady Gaga, I say Evanescence
You say Miley Cyrus, I say Slipknot
You say T-Pain,I say Three Days Grace
You say Eminem, I say Linkin Park
You say Jonas Brother,I say Green Day
You say Flowers,I say Puddle of Mudd

92% of teens have turned to pop and hip-hop.If you are part of the 8% that still listens to real music, copy and paste this message to 5 other videos. DONT LET ROCK DIE! THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKE"

Some people say "JB destroyed Youtube, and maybe even music itself." "Back then we had Led Zepplin, Micheal Jackson, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, and now Justin Bieber. We are doomed". This led too a mass hate war on the infamous Baby video. Let us remember, us hating the video is just making him more popular. Even though his music isn't very good in my opinion, he makes more money then all those blokes who make lame comments on youtube.

So I say, Shut up with the like&dislike bar comments, stop talking about Justin Bieber in the comments that have nothing to do with the video, and just enjoy the video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment