Sunday, January 30, 2011

Music Review:Lostprophets

Lostprophets is a Alternative Rock/Hard Rock/Nu Metal(Early) band formed in 1997. They play a big role in getting me into music during recent years. They released four studio albums, and I will review all of them.

The Fake Sound Of Progress(2001)

I noticed that some of the name's for the track's have almost nothing to do with the song itself. Lostprophets debut album is kind of a mixed bag. Some Lostprophets fans say that it is their weakest album. Some say it is their strongest album, by far. It isn't a GREAT album, it's good, maybe above average, but not by much.

1) Shinoba Vs. Dragon Ninja: A kick-ass track from begining to end. 9/10

2) The Fake Sound Of Progress: Another amazing song off the album. 8.9/10


3) Five Is A Four Letter Word: This song isn't as good as the first two, but its good. 7.7/10

4) And Sh
e Told Me To Leave: Take's some time getting used too. 7/10

5) Kobraki: Pretty cool. 7.5/10


6) The Handsome Life Of Swing: Has some screaming vocals and such. 7.3/10

7) A Thousand Apologies: I like this. 7.7/10


8) Still Laughing: A song that is kind of moving. 7.8/10

9) For Sure: A song that kind of reminds me of Still Laughing and A Thousand Apologies. 8/10

10) Awkward: Meh. 6.2/10


11) Ode To Summer: A inspiring song I listened too all the time the last month before summer ended. I remember quoting some of the lyrics on my anchie
nt posts on this blog. 8.2/10

Overall: 7.7

Start Something(2004)

The album that helped bring my music libary to life. My libary had pretty much almost nothing, but then one day my sister was cleaning out her CD's and I saw that, and I thought "this looks cool". When I was done with this album, I wanted too get all the other albums, which I couldn't until a year later. This then led me to get all sorts of other bands.

1) We Still Kill The Old Way: Has this nice opening, and is pretty good throughout. 8.1/10

2) To Hell We Ride: Not my favorite. 7.3/10


3) Last Train Home: Truly amazing. Favorite off the album. 10/10


4) Make A Move: Another one of my favorites off Start Something. 8.5/10

5) Burn, Burn: Pretty cool. 8/10


6) I Don't Know: Song Name...I Don't Know. 7.8/10

7) Hello Again: Kind of reminds me of Still Laughing. 8/10

8
) Goodbye Tonight: I used this song in the Food Court 2 Credits, it was cool. 7.5/10

9) Start Something: Has some scream
ing vocals and stuff. 7.7/10

10) A Million Miles: The song is cool, ends with this phone message were one of the band members cusses about something. 7.5/10


11) Last Summer: A song that I feel is connected too Ode To Summer. I listened too this song the last day of school when taking the bus home. 7.8/10


12) Sway: A darker song compared too others off the album. Kind of relaxing. 7/10


Overall: 7.9

Liberation Transmission(2006)

I know Liberation Transmission for being much much MUCH more popp
y then their other work and for their long song names(in my opinion). This change of style means it is obvious that they are becoming even more distant then their earlier work. If I only listened too their debut or Start Something and then listened too this, I would have no idea it's Lostprophets.

1)Everyday Combat: Starts off with screaming "YEAAAAHHH" then leads too the song, which will have some people screaming "YEAAAAAH@($*Y$(*@#!!!" 9.2/10


2)A Town Called Hypocrisy: My most overplayed Lostprophets song. 71 times...damn. 9.5/10

3)The New Transmission: Not the best song off the album, its decent though. 7/10


4)Rooftops(A Liberation Broadcast): The main reason why I wanted too get this album in the first place. I first heard this song off Guitar Hero, and is my favorite song too play off of it, cause it just makes you wanna have the time of your life. 10/10


5)Can't Stop, Gotta Date With Hate: A song about some girl. 8/10

6)Can't Catch Tomorow(Good Shoes Won't Save You This Time): A song that makes me think of someone who walks on a road hitching a ride that is like 70 years old. I don't know why. 7.9/10


7)Everybody's Screaming!!!: This song means serious business...it uses 3 "!'s" in it, so it isn't just "Everybody's Screaming!" its "EVERYBODY'S SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!!1111(Earthquake)" 7.8/10

8)Broken Hearts, Torn up Letters and the Story of a Lonely Girl: A song that could be sad, but its happy and
upbeat. One of my favorites from the album. 8.5/10

9)4:AM Forever: I once listened too this song at 4 A.M. It was cool. I fell asleep after this. Album goes downhill after this song. 8/10


10)For All These Times Son, For All These Times: Not my favorite. 7/10


11)Heaven for the weather, Hell for the Company: Meh. 6.8/10


12)Always All Ways(Apologies, Glances and Messed Up Chances): Not the best... 6.9/10


Overall: 8.1

The Betrayed(2010)

It seems like every album Lostprophets releases seems to be a different style. This album is um...darker? It starts off dark, for like, the first three tracks, but other then that, the other songs sounds upbeat and happy. So saying this album is "darker" is argueable.

1)If It Wasn't For Hate We'd be Dead By Now: Pretty dark song. 7.7/10

2)Dstryr and Dstryr: This song is something you would hear when smashing shit, kinda dark in a way. 8/10

3)It's Not The End Of The World But I Can See it From Here: Quite good. The last dark song off the album for a long time. 7.9/10

4)Where We Belong: I overplayed this song, so I'm sick of it now. I like it, alot. 8.3/10

5)Next Stop Atro City: Kinda weird song, I can't understand some of the lyrics. 7.9/10

6)For He's A Jolly Good Felon: My favorite song off the album. 9.5/10

7)AC Ricochet: I like this, pretty awesome. 8.2/10

8)A Better Nothing: Starts off with this piano-ish opening, and is great throughout. 8.5/10

9)Streets of Nowhere: A catchy song about wandering streets somewhere. 7.8/10

10)Dirty Little Heart: For some reason, it reminds me of Broken hearts from Liberation Transmission. 8.3/10

11)Sunshine: Great song. 8.2/10

12)Darkest Blue: Cool song. 7.6/10

13)The Light That Burns Twice As Bright: The album ends with this song, a sad, slow, depressing, and very dark song. 8.8/10

Overall: 8.2

0 comments:

Post a Comment