Friday, October 15, 2010

Linkin Park: A Thousands Suns

A thousand Suns(2010)

This is so not worth my time. Ok, are we all familiar with the band Linkin Park right? They are a american rock band. They made 4 studio albums in total. Their first 2 albums are prime examples of what they are capable of, Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Their 3rd album, Minutes Too Midnight, wasn't as good as their first two, but I thought it was OK. Sure, they changed their style, but hey, it's ok.

I grew up listening too these guys ever since I was a little kid. I would listen too their first 2 albums all the time. The 3rd album their music sort of went downhill, and lost some LP fans. Then recently a 4th album came out, called A Thousand Suns. There is no hope for LP to redeem themselfs, THIS is their worst one yet.

I can't believe I listened too this. I mean, I'm traumatized. It's so...so...bad. I sat down and listened too it, expecting something awesome, i mean, it IS Linkin Park. After I was done listening too this album, I was pissed. There is so many damn useless fillers in this album. This isn't rock. This is technolike.

THIS. ISN'T. ROCK!!!!

This dosn't even sound like Linkin Park. It's 15 tracks of torture. Us Linkin Park fans need to stand up and say "This is wrong. We want old LP back."

It's time to stop screwing around with this big-giant-slap-in-the-face album. A Thousand Suns is about nuclear warfare, and the name "A Thousand Suns" means a Atomic Bomb. The album cover decipts a bomb blowing up. Most of the songs on this album are fillers, and all of them are mediocore too absolutly horrible songs. Some of them songs have a speach in the begining. I never really cared about these parts in the songs, but I'm guessing they mean something important.

Although this album is terribly flawed, I have to admit it is one of the most creative albums I listened too. The start of the album, "The Requim", is like the start of a war. The war gets more serious, moving onto tracks, "Blackout"(One of my favorite songs on the album, but that's not saying much) and "Fallout". The final track, "The messenger", is when the war ends, and all the problems are behind us. We can now celebrate now since we are done listening too this.

It is obvious that LP are trying too send a powerful message too us using their music. It's a very neat idea, but it's not made so good. If you were/are a Linkin Park fan, and are very dissapointed with this album, you are not the only one. The old Linkin Park must come back. However, if you manage too open up and accept that Linkin Park dramaticly changed their style and able too understand the true message what this album can be sending, you may like it.

Overall, it's a mediocore album with some terrible flaws. Rent it, and be prepared, you may not like what you will listen too.

OVERALL: 2.8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment