Sunday, January 16, 2011

Music Review: Rage Against The Machine


Rage Against The Machine is a rock band from Los Angeles, California. Formed in the 90's, they were known for being one of the first Rap Metal bands out there and there strong political views toward the government that can be heard in their lyrics. They have released a total of 4 studio albums, and I am going to review all of them, as always.

Rage Against The Machine(1992)
The bands self titled album and their debut album is outstanding. The lyrics, production, the heavyness, is all incredible. Say whatever you want, the album is a classic.

1) BombTrack: "BURN! BURN! YES YOUR GONNA BURN!" Awesome song too start off the album. 10/10

2) Killing in the Name:
What can be said about this song? It's
the band's signiture song, and a masterpiece. It gets angrier as it goes on, and it's just pure awesomeness. 11/10

3) Take the Power Back:
This gets more
intense as the song goes on, like Killing in the Name. 9.5/10

4) Settle for Nothing:
Takes some time to get used to. 8/
10

5) Bullet In The Head:
"Just victims of the inhouse driveby..
." Another cool song. 9.3/10

6) Know Your Enemy: An incredible opening and amazing throughout. First RATM song I listened too 10/10

7) Wake Up: Quite good. 8/10

8) Fistful of Steel: This is pretty good song, but takes time to get used too. 7.5/10

9) Township Rebellion:
"As I stand on a silent platform...fight the war...F*** THE NORM!" 9/10


10) Freedom:
A heavy, raw, track that is a great way to end off the album. I like how in the end it makes sounds as if the stage is breaking down or something. 9/10

Overall: 9.2

Evil Empire(1996)

Evil Empire may not be as good as their self-titled masterpiece, but its still a very solid, great album.

1) People Of The Sun: I'm not sure what this song is about, but it makes me think of the aztecs in anchient times or something like that. 9.8/10

2) Bulls On Parade: The biggest highlight from the album, in my opinion, and my favorite off of Evil Empire. 10/10

3) Vietnow: "TURN ON A RADIO...Nah, f*** it, turn it off". 8.8/10

4) Revolver: A more mellow song compared too other RATM songs. 8/10

5) SnakeCharmer: Takes time to get used too. 7.1/10

6) Tire Me: Starts off with this bass intro, and is a good song throughout. 8.3/10

7) Down Rodeo: The song appears to talk about the issues between the poor and rich. 8.6/10

8) Without A Face: Cool. 8.2/10

9) Wind Below: This song is a bit weaker compared too other songs off the album 6.8/10

10) Roll Right: I'm not sure what this song is about. Oh well, it kicks ass though. 7.5/10

11) Year of the Boomerang: WOW! I love this song. It just frickin' breaks down with the shouting and gets your blood pumping. DAMN. 9.5/10

Overall: 8.4

The Battle of Los Angeles(1999)

I just can't point my finger at it. It's just...something about this album is...lacking compared too Evil Empire and Debut. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT.

1) Testify: An amazing song that makes you want to bash shit and throw crap out the window. 9.7/10

2) Guerrilla Radio:
"TURN THAT SHIT UP!!"
I hope my neighbors like this song. My favorite off the album. 10/10

3) Calm Like A Bomb
: "WHATYA SAY WHATYA SAY WHATYA SAY WHAT". A great song off the album. 8.5/10


4) Mic Check:
Took some time for me to get used too. 7/10


5) Sleep Now In The Fire:
Awesome track. 8.2/10


6) Born of a Broken Man:
This is kool too. 7.8/10


7) Born As Ghosts: another kool song. 7.9/10

8) Maria: The intro kind of hurt my head, but is still good. 7/10

9) Voice of the Voicele
ss: Pretty good. 7.3/10

10) New M
illenium Homes: Cool. 7.5/10

11) Ashes In The Fall:
Starts off with a unique intro sound that is hard to describe
. 8.4/10

12) War Within a Breath:
A great song too end off the album. 8.3/10


Overall: 8.2

Renegades(2000)

Renegades is a bit different compared too Rage's other three Studio Albums. To begin with, the whole album is a cover album, covering artists like The Rolling Stones, Cypress Hill, etc. Second, I can't help but think that Zack sounds like a badass gangsta that will f*** shit up, like "Pistol Grip Pump" and "How I Could Just Kill A Man"

1) Microphone Friend: A great song too start off the album. 8/10

2) Pistol Grip Pump: A badass song that I overplay alot. 9/10

3) Kick Out The Jams: Cool song. 7.8/10

4) Renegades Of Funk: Love this song. 8.4/10

5) Beutiful World: A soft acoustic song. 8.5/10

6) I'm Housin: Awesome song. 7/10

7) In My Eyes: This song is cool too. 7.9/10

8) How I Could Just Kill A Man: By far my favorite song off the album. 9.5/10

9) The Ghost Of Tom Joad: Another cool song off the album. 7.9/10

10) Down on the Street: A catchy and amazing song. 8.1/10

11) Street Fighting Man: A song that makes you want too F*** shit up. 8.5/10

12) Maggies Farm: "I ain't gonna work on...MAGGIES FARM NO MORE!" A great song too end off the album. 8/10

Overall: 8.2

0 comments:

Post a Comment