Monday, October 25, 2010

Creepy Stories 3: The 3 Laptops


Here's a not-so creepy story, it's a little bit on the shallow side. Throughout my whole life, I have owned a total of 3 computers. All of them has acted really oddly. Let's talk about each one. This is Creepy Stories 3: The 3 Laptops.

LAPTOP 1(Windows XP, Dell)

Back then when I was a little kid, I didn't really bother with the internet or go anywhere near it. The only person who had a laptop in the family was my sister. I would ask her If i can go on it too just paint too my hearts content every day. She let me, of course. I would draw all these really crappy paintings, and she would save them. I would always see her getting pissed off of how slow the laptop reacts. One day she brought it too a friends house too see if it could be fixed for being so shitty. It was unfixable, so my sister just left it too the side.

A month later, she bought a new laptop. I was curious, so I asked if I could have the old laptop. She said OK. The laptop was mine, big mistake. This is one of the worst laptops I have ever seen. Low quality, low RAM, bulky as shit, etc. It would go so godly slow. One time I tried loading Runescape, and it took an hour and a half. I'm not kidding. In fact, it is HORRIFYING of how slow it is.

One day I was on the laptop, minding my own business. Then all of a sudden it shut down out of nowhere and made a loud buzzing sound. Out of shock, I punched the moniter(yeah I was young and stupid) and half of the screen broke. So my family was furios, my fault. I still used the laptop, minimizing every single damn window too the part of the screen I can see. 2 months later, it just gave me the blue screen of death, and wouldnt start up ever again.

The impact on this laptop had on me was astounding. I was introduced too the mysterious, vast, world of the internet. I made friends with complete strangers I didn't know, but trusted. Ever since it wouldn't start up again, I was stuck without a laptop for 8 months. I had alot of spare time, so it was painfull being bored all the time. This is the laptop that gave me low patience and high, explosive, anger when mad.

However, the story dosn't end here, a new laptop would later arrive on that Christmas morning.

LAPTOP 2(Windows Vista, Toshiba)

Bored bored bored bored bored for such a long time. I was then a 6th grader in middle school, where I spent 3 misreabile years there. When I woke up in the morning, the sky would still be completly pitch dark, and I would see the world in black and white. I would be dead tired. All of my friends from Elementry knew it wasn't a good idea too go too this middle school, so I was left all alone...with no friends...in a deliquent school...black and white...depressed.

I kept on thinking "Are my elementry friends having fun?" and "Do my online friends think I'm dead?" But that Christmas morning came when I opened up that large present, showing a all new Vista laptop! When I saw this, I shat myself. It laptop was by far my best yet, running so fast and smooth, and is my favorite one. But it was also the one that gave me a complete pain in the ass, and ranks up there with the first one.

My laptop started acting like a jackass. It would randomly exit out of windows, freeze programs, and more. One time notepad popped up and said "Hey, I'm watching you", then I heard a buzzing sound. My laptop would randomly shut down on its own on start-up, logging off, or just out of nowhere. This time, I was starting too get scared it will break down on me.

I'm not sure, but I think my laptop had a mind of its own, or it was being possessed by a spirit. One day I kept trying too boot it up, but then it shut down on me out of nowhere like 8 times. Then I went over too the couch, talking too thin air saying "I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, I will respect you if you respect me, I just want too live my life in peace". Then I started it up, and...it stayed working from now on. What's really weird is that when I brought my laptop too other places, it wouldn't shut down on me out of nowhere...ever.

I still can't believe how this laptop acted. I can't find a reasonable and logically explanation then just saying "OHHH IT WAS A GHOST". But...It could of. Then summer came, and I started up my laptop, and that familiar dreaded blue screen from my first laptop came up, and my laptop stopped working from now on. I was horrified once that dreaded blue screen hit my eyes. My favorite laptop, is now dead.

You would expect my family would be even more pissed at me, but they weren't. They just said "You know what, no more laptops for you, that was your second chance, no more." That's the end, right? Well, the end of 7th grade year was coming, and then my family said if I did good, I might see a chance of getting a laptop, and the miracle happened.

Laptop 3(Windows Vista, Toshiba)

What I like about this laptop is that it looks my old one. My mom was a bit skeptical when we went too Best Buy too get me a laptop. She kept saying "get these small notebooks, you'll wind up breaking it anyways". But then I layed my eyes on this laptop, and fell for it. When we brought that laptop home, she kept saying "Don't break it, don't break it, don't break it." But you know what happened? It did, when I tried too bring up internet explorer, it gave blue screen. It was only a month through my warranty, so I got a new hard drive(thank god). Before that, It would randomly shut down on me, so I saw it coming

Now my laptop is all good, and amazingly, it started working fine when we moved. It stopped shutting down on me all of a sudden. I have regular virus scans all the time and other stuff too back it up. Back then, I had some minor-haunting experiences at my old house, and the spirits living there may have possessed my 2nd laptop, and my first sucked already. If only we moved earlier, my 2nd computer may have survived.

0 comments:

Post a Comment