Friday, October 8, 2010

Three Days Of Grace

My First Music Review.

Now before I start the review, let us remember that everyone has their own different taste of music. Everyone has their own opinions on what songs are good and bad. There is no need to be mad, you don't have to agree with my opinions.

Three Days Grace is a Canadian rock band that first form
ed in 1992 under the name Groundswell, and later regrouped in 1997 under their current name. They released 3 studio albums, Three Days Grace, One-X, and Life Starts Now. I bought all three of their albums, and over a 3 day period, I listened to each of their albums, starting from their first too their recent one.

DAY 1
Three Days Grace(2003)

This music is depressing, and i mean, REALLY! But for a debut album, this is great.

#1 Burn: I actually used this song for my Spirit Of Rock video. For the first 24 seconds you hear the sound of something burning. It's a good song. 8.5/10

#2 Just Like You: The song is about being pushed around too do something you don't want to do from your parents. This is one of my favorite songs on the albums. 10/10

#3 I Hate Everything About You: This song got alot of media attention, and has been played on the radio countless times. This is a powerful song, and their is alot of anger in it. "I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU. WHY, DO I LOVE YOU?" 9/10

#4: Home: A favorite among many people. It isn't one of my favorites, but it's still a great single. Another powerful song. 8/10


#5: Scared:This isn't one of their bests. I find myself skipping over this one. I'm going to be honest, I don't really like this song much. 7/10

#6: Let Y
ou Down: This is another one I seem to not like so much. Again, like Scared, this isn't one of their bests. 7.5/10

#7: Now Or Never: After 2 not-so-good tracks, the album get's back on its' track. I really really like this song. "In this WAY, are we learning, why do WE, sit here yearning, for this WORLD, too stop turning. It's now or never". Epic. 9/10

#8: Born Like This: It starts off a bit soft, but it gets heavier and heavier. Another great song. 9.2/10

#9: Drown: This is another one of my favorite songs, and i played this countless times. 9.5/10

#10: Wake Up: I actually use this song for my alarm sometimes. Like Drown, I played this countless times. I think the song is about how you los
e someone close too you and you become weak. Very nice song. 9.3/10

#11: Take Me Under: I honestly don't know what this song is about...but whenever I think of this song, I think of someone being dragged down too Hell and is thinking about all the stuff they could of done before you died. Starts of soft, but gets stronger. Quite depressing song. 9.2/10


#12: Overrated: Probably the angriest song on the album, if not, then I Hate Everything About You is. This is a great way too end off the album. It's not my favorite, but it's still great. 9.4/10

Overall: 8.8


Day 2
One-X(2006)

This is by far their best album. It's one of the best albums I own in my whole collection of albums. Seriously, no joke. This is AMAZING.

#1: It's All over: For the first 31 seconds, you hear this pitch guitar noise moving from your right too left speaker. This is better intro song then Burn, an already great song. The song is about someone falling off a cliff and killing themself, I think. 9.8/10

#2: Pain: “I rather feel pain then nothing at all”. This is one of my favorites on the album. 10/10

#3: The Animal I Become: This got alot of radio play and attention, and you may of already seen the music video. It’s about being something you don’t want to be, and you can’t control it, like a split personality. 10/10

#4: Never Too Late: A soft song, about someone wanting too kill themself. Alot of meaning and power in this song. 9.4/10

#5: On My Own: This is another one of my favorites. I played this song so many times and it really hits me of how much it relates too me. 10/10

#6: Riot: LETS GET UP AND START A RIOT!!!! A great song too listen too while your angry. 9.5/10

#7: Get Out Alive: This song reminds me of someone running away from a nightmare. I find myself skipping over this song sometimes, but I still like listening too it. 9/10

#8: Let it Die: This is my all time favorite Three Days Grace song. I’m not sure what this song is about, it could be a breakup song. But I find it best if I think of a dead goldfish. “I SWEAR I NEVER MENT TOO LET IT DIE!”. I had like 4 goldfish and their all dead…you will be missed. 11/10

#9: Over and Over: I listen too this album over and over and over and over and over! Another great song. 9.2/10

#10: Time Of Dying: I’m not quite sure what this song is about…is it about waiting for someone while your dieing? I don’t know. Whatever, it’s still a kick-ass song. 9.6/10

#11: Gone Forever: Another song I can relate too. “I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER THAT YOUR GONE FOREVER!”. It’s another breakup song, a great one. 10/10

#12: One-X: Finally, One-X. For the name of the album based off the song, it’s quite good. “We get knocked down. We get back up and stand above the crowd. We are one.” We are one. This album has no song that I don’t like. That’s an accomplishment. During the end of the song, the lyrics “Stand Above the Crowd”. The first time I heard that, I got goosebumps. It’s just so epic. When the song is over, you look back at the experience of hearing the first song all the way too the last. Are you hearing me people? We are one. 10/10

Overall: 9.7


Day 3
Life Starts Now(2009)

I would like to point out how different this album is too the first two. This one is much more happy in it, and isn't really that depressing, which has been noticed by band members, reviewers, and me. For the last day, I think it would end with a bang, but this is actually their weakest album.

#1: Bitter Taste: Yet again, it's a great intro track by Three Days Grace. A strong way to start off the album. 9/10

#2: Break: So far so good. Break is a song I listened too quite a bit. Another great song. 9.2/10

#3: World So Cold: Whenever I think of this song, I think of a post-apocolypse. It's a little bit on the slow side, but that's ok. 8.5/10

#4: Lost In You: A actually quite good song, but I find myself skipping over this one several times. 8/10

#5:The Good Life: By far the best song on the album! Hell yeah I want a little of the good life! Yet again, I would like to point out how bright this song is compared too their others. 9.7/10

#6: No More: I find myself skipping over this almost always. It's way too soft. I'm sorry, but I don't like it. 6/10

#7: Last To Know: It has a nice piano opening, but it's too soft. It's overall an ok song. 7.5/10

#8: Someone Who Cares: Finally, a somewhat heavier song. I don't listen too this song much, but it's a highlight in the album after 2 not-so-good songs(sounds familiar?) 7.5/10

#9: Bully: This song is alright. I'm guessing it's about how this bully picks on other kids and is hurt inside, probably because of problems with family. So true. 8.8/10

#10: Without You: Another sort of soft song. I don't like it. 4.5/10

#11: Goin' Down: THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. Why can't their be more songs on the album like this? It sounds like something you would hear on One-X. 10/10

#12: Life Starts Now: The album was named after this song, and it's not really the best song on the album. If the album was named after a song, I would expect it too be something like Break or The Good Life(It even fits the album cover). 7.5/10

Overall: 7.3

Well, thats all the Three Days Grace albums, at least for now. For my first music review I reviewed 3 albums in one. Thanks, and have a great day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

No time for goodbyes He said... As he faded away.... (Fades away into black)

Post a Comment