Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day 2010




Hey everyone, you know what day it is today? Why, it's veteran's day. Today I don't have school because it's a special annual event.

Yesterday we had a 2-part assembly. The first was in the gym, where we honored the troops who served in the army, and some of them included the teachers. We were suppose too dress formal, unfortinatly I didn't have time too dress in my TUX, so yeah. The second part of the assembly was that we listened too a story of a holocaust survivor. Just think, in 30-50 years from now, you could say "I knew someone in real life that survived the holocaust". This is something we are learning in school, too.As for today, I would expect people would stay home and take a break. But instead, theres a bunch of traffic and stuff because theirs deals at stores too honor this day. Yeah I went too Costco and there was a bunch of people buying bread and...ok I'm getting off topic.

Right now, I want us too take a moment, and remember all the people who served in the war. I know people that are close to me that has served in the war, and are taking this moment in as much as they can.

Thank you, and have a great Veterans Day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment