Friday, November 26, 2010

The Turkey Effect


I was origonaly going to post this yesterday on Thanksgiving Day, but once you read it, you'll find out why I didn't. So anyways, happy Post-Thanksgiving and happy Black Friday.

What can be said about Thanksgiving? It's the day where people have a giant feast, usually a Turkey, with a side of several other foods. My family got up at around 9 A.M too help work on the turkey. Last year's turkey was amazing, so they wanted it too be the same. They worked on the turkey for a straight 3 hours, while I was sleeping in bed. By 1 AM, the Turkey was done, and we were about to eat. Yes, dead serious, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner at 1 AM, and I wasn't up yet.

So then my sister came in the room and started flickering the lights on and off and I'm like "WTH!!". So i yawned, got up and took a shower. Since it was really cold, I took a long one. Little did I know that they were WAITING FOR ME TO SAY GRACE. When I got out and got in my favorite outfit, I went too the table, too find my family just staring at me, looking like they were about to gnaw my head off.

After saying a very long grace, we ate. There was Turkey, mashed potatoes, casseroal, etc. Very good stuff. When everyone was done eating, for some reason, everyone started acting much more mellow then usual. I asked what was wrong, and they said they are extremly tired. Later on the day, I felt tired too. I felt very very VERY bored. I was going to go sledding, but I wasn't in the mood, sadly.

Soon, everyone started sleeping. I then found out that the cause of this may be the turkey!! I was a bit skeptical when I thought of this theory, because they were up since 9 AM, and tired. But I got up at 1 PM, and right after I ate, I was sleepy. I was going to post this on here and just complain how tired and bored I was, but I didn't have the strength.

Today, everyone slept so much, that they missed going to the Black Friday shopping! Everyone did. You know what time I woke up? 3 A.M. No joke. So I learned the turkey effect in full action. Makes you sleepy. So...so...sleepy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment